Friday, July 06, 2007

07/04/07: 8.2 Mile Run: Peavine Falls Run

I put the iPod on shuffle and took off with what seemed like about 400 runners up to Peavine Falls. I guess they were up there; I never saw them. I have always wanted to run this race and finally did. I found references that said this was the 26th and 28th running. But, it was my first. It was tough, but not as tough as the Statue-to-Statue. I am happy to see the time I ran it in. I used the Motorola bluetooth headset and was beginning to get frustrated because it was cutting out a lot. The belt I was wearing that held the iPod such that it was on my back instead of my stomach. Sure enough, that put an end to the cutting out. I had started the race with the player positioned in front. I thoroughly enjoyed this race and will do it again.

Data

Distance: 8.2 Miles
Time: 1:08:32
Heart Rate: 169
Pace: 8:21
Weather: Cloudy
Temperature-73°
Humidity-76%

No comments: