Saturday, April 19, 2014

2014 Statue to Statue Race Report

The Race

I had a great race. I have done this race several times before and I didn't not set a personal record today, but still I ran strong and well. I saw a number of my running buds and it was nice to have a good chin wag. I got on the first bus from the finish to the start. Yes, you park at the finish and ride a bus to the start for this point-to-point race. On the way to the start, I realized I forgot my earbuds. So, I rode the bus back to the finish, got my earbuds, and rode the bus to the start again.


I did complete a faux pas at after finishing the race. I saw a man I was sure I recognized, but I couldn't quit place him. Somehow, my brain settled on he's a veterinarian our the animal clinic we frequent. So, I asked the man if he was a vet. He said, "no, I'm an Episcopal priest." Then, I realized he was the priest at the church our family attends!

The Details

April 19, 2014: Birmingham, AL
The Ellis Porch Statue to Statue
15K, 9.3 Miles
Distance:9.3 Miles
Time:1:25:27
Heart Rate:156
Pace:9:05
Weather:Mostly cloudy
63.0°
58% Humidity

No comments: